With Valentine's Day fast approaching, we've decided to put together a list of some of the great locations in town to pop the big question.
1. : This Old Town park is another place that area residents flock to when they want to sit and look out over the harbor. The park has a pavilion for protection from passing rain showers and several memorial benches offer some of the best views in Marblehead, perfect for the big moment.
2. : This picturesque seaside park overlooks the town's harbor from Marblehead Neck and offers some great vantage points for viewing a local sunset. So, if you're thinking of picking a memorable spot you both can visit for years to come, this would be a good choice.
3. : Though it may take some convincing to get your future fiance to climb up to the top of the rock, Castle Rock offers one of the best views of the Atlantic Ocean that Marblehead has to offer. So, while he or she is distracted by the breathtaking view, take a knee and open the box.
4. : Marblehead's most popular public beach is another great place to propose to your future fiance. We recommend waiting a few months until the weather warms up, going for a nice stroll along the causeway and popping the question at sunset.
5. Millie's Red Steps: This red staircase, located at the end of Chestnut Street, is another great place to look out over both the harbor and the ocean. A bench at the top of the steps is a great place to sit and talk during a beautiful New England sunset.
Did you get engaged in Marblehead? Where did it happen? Let us know in the comments section.