Today is Friday, Oct. 28, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 47. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 35. (sunrise, 7:11 a.m.; high tide, 12:36 p.m.; sunset, 5:42 p.m.; low tide, 6:58 p.m.)
2. Have you sent in your photos for our ? Entering is easy. Just upload a photo of your kid, 12 years of age or younger, in his or her Halloween costume. Entries must be made by the parent or legal guardian of the child photographed. Check out the official contest .
3. Bring your kids down to tonight to get in the Halloween spirit! The store will be reading scary stories from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Don't worry, they won't be too scary.
4. 's varsity football team will take on the Witches in Salem tonight. Tickets are $5 and the Magicians are looking to move to 5-2 on the season.
5. Today in history: On Oct. 28, 1886, in New York Harbor, President Grover Cleveland dedicated the Statue of Liberty.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.