Today is Wednesday, Oct. 24, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another nice fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 43. (sunrise, 7:07 a.m.; high tide, 7:32 a.m.; low tide, 1:31 p.m.; sunset, 5:46 p.m.)
2. At their meeting at Abbot Hall Tuesday night, members of Marblehead's Zoning Board of Appeals unanimously approved a request from Comella's Restaurants co-owner John Comella to open up a restaurant in the former Moran Studios space on Atlantic Avenue. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding BYOB regulations in Marblehead and the possibility that Casa Corona could allow patrons to bring their own beverages. Click Here for our full story.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity field hockey team will take on Beverly this afternoon at Seaside Park. The game is scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Oct. 24, 1911 Orville Wright remained in the air 9 minutes and 45 seconds in a Wright Glider at Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.