Today is Friday, Nov. 30, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a chilly day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 36. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 30. (sunrise, 6:52 a.m.; high tide, 11:57 a.m.; sunset, 4:11 p.m.; low tide, 6:16 p.m.)
2. Get ready Marblehead, tonight's the night! The annual Marblehead Tree Lighting will take place in the National Grand Bank parking lot on Pleasant Street. Click Here to check out a video from last year's event?
3. Did you stop by the Marblehead Museum and Historical Society's annual Gingerbread Festival at the Jeremiah Lee Mansion? Did you or someone you know create one of the wonderful gingerbread houses on display there? Click Here for a photo gallery from the event.
4. St. Michael's Church will be hosting their annual Heart of Christmas Fair tonight on Pleasant Street. Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 30, 2004, Jeopardy champion Ken Jennings of Salt Lake City, Utah finally lost, leaving him with more than $2.5 million in winnings.
For more things going on in Marblehead, check out our events calendar.