Today is Tuesday, Feb. 28, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local reisdents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 42. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. (sunrise, 6:21 a.m.; low tide, 9:21 a.m.; high tide, 3:35 p.m.; sunset, 5:31 p.m.)
2. What a finish! 's boys' varsity basketball team won an overtime shocker over Tewksbury Monday night. Check Marblehead Patch later this morning for a full game story with video.
3. The high school's girls' varstiy hockey team will have their shot in the playoffs this afternoon. The Magicians are scheduled to square off with Weymouth at 4:30 p.m. at Connell Memorial Rink on Broad Street in Weymouth.
4. The Historical Commission will meet this morning at . The meeting, scheduled to begin at 10 a.m., is expected to feature a discussion about several planned restoration projects.
5. Today in History: On Feb 28, 1854, the Republic Party of the United States was organized in a meetinghouse in Ripon, Wisconsin.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.