Today is Thursday, Feb. 2, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another nice day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be increasingly cloudy, with a high near 39. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. (high tide, 6:24 a.m.; sunrise, 6:56 a.m.; low tide, 12:47 p.m., sunset, 4:57 p.m.)
2. As each day passes, Marblehead's new pier at is slowly taking shape. Check out to view the recent progress.
3. 's gymnastics team will at the . The meet is scheduled to begin at 7:45 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on.
4. will host tonight. The event, which requires a reservation, will feature a three-course gourmet dinner for $45 per person.
5. Today in History: On Feb. 2, 1848, during the California Gold Rush, the first ship with Chinese immigrants arrived in San Francisco, Calif.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.