Today is Friday, Dec. 7, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Tonight should be rainy, with a low around 37. (sunrise, 7:00 a.m.; low tide, 11:11 a.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.; high tide, 5:21 p.m.)
2. Marblehead High School's boys' varsity basketball team hit the road tonight to participate in the Benedetto Jamboree at Lynn Classical High School. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:20 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on.
3. This weekend is packed with live music on the North Shore and a whole bunch of bands playing a wide variety of music genres, from classic rock to blues and soul, can be seen for free at rock clubs and restaurants throughout the region. Click Here for our roundup.
4. Get your tickets now! The Marblehead Little Theatre will begin showing 'A Christmas Carol' tonight. Click Here for all the details. Tickets prices are $23 for adults and $15 for students and are available online or at the Spirit of 76 Bookstore.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, was attacked by the Imperial Japanese Navy, resulting in a declaration of war upon Japan by the United States.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.