Today is Monday, April 9, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another warm spring day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers after noon, with a daily high near 54. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. (sunrise, 6:11 a.m.; low tide, 7:43 a.m.; high tide, 1:59 p.m.; sunset, 7:19 p.m.)
2. Ready for some frozen yogurt? Well get ready, because a Green Leaf Frozen Yogurt will be opening later this summer on Atlantic Avenue. Construction is expected to begin sometime this week, check out the .
3. 14 lucky French students from were recently invited to attend a Boston Bruins game at the TD Garden as Patrice Bergeron's personal guests. They got to meet the Bruins star and spoke with him in his native tongue, check out pictures from the trip .
4. Think you're caught up all of the latest Marblehead news? Prove it by acing this week's . The quiz features 10 questions taken from last week's news stories.
5. Today in History: On April 9, 1867, the United State ratified a treaty with Russia finalizing the purchase of Alaska.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.