Vehicle Fire Extinguished on Atlantic
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Oct. 23:
- At 7:59 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Seaview Avenue.
- At 8:58 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Community Road.
- At 10:32 a.m., an employee at a local school asked police to see a student and speak to them about bullying. "She believed the student is well on their way to becoming a bully."
- At 11:32 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Mount Vernon Street.
- At 12:23 p.m., police received word that a manhole cover was off at the intersection of Maple and Tedesco streets.
- At 12:43 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Ocean Avenue.
- At 1:31 p.m., police and fire units responded to a report of a car fire in a garage on Atlantic Avenue. Outbound traffic was temporarily rerouted down Rockaway Avenue while firefighters extinguished the fire. The 2001 BMW CV was reportedly towed from the scene.
- At 1:42 p.m., a woman called police to report that she was yelled at by a homeowner on Village Street.
- At 1:48 p.m., a woman on Casino Road called police to report a taxi in the area.
- At 4:26 p.m., a resident called police to report that their son left his backpack at a track event on Monday.
- At 4:42 p.m., police and fire units responded to multiple reports regarding a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Maple and Lafayette streets involving a 2010 Ford F150 and a 1996 Honda Odyssey. A boy on a bicycle was reportedly struck during the accident and he and the driver of the Odyssey were taken by ambulance to Salem Hospital.
- At 4:48 p.m., the parent of a track athlete entered the police station to report that there (were) kids in the woods off Wyman Road smoking marijuana.
- At 6:20 p.m., police conducted a residency check on Hines Court.
- At 7:07 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Pilgrim Road.
- At 7:09 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Harbor Avenue.
- At 7:21 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Lindsey Street.
- At 7:38 p.m., a Londonderry Road resident called police to report that their 16-year-old daughter said she saw a man looking in her window.
- At 10:36 p.m., police responded to a domestic disturbance on Abbot View.
Wednesday, Oct. 24:
- At 4:05 a.m., a woman on Manataug Trail called police to report that she woke up to find her kitchen light was on and she remembered turning it off. An officer agreed to check her house.
- At 6:40 a.m., a motorist was ticketed for failure to stop for a school bus signaling at the intersection of Humphrey Street and Leo Road.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.