The single-family home received smoke damage throughout the house.
Firefighters knocked down a kitchen fire around dinner time Wednesday at 4 Batchelder Road. One person was home when fire erupted, said Marblehead fire Capt. Elizabeth Wilson. Marblehead firefighters were dispatched about 5:50 p.m. to a report of a fire on an oven at the home, the captain said. The first crew on the scene put out the flames with a chemical extinguisher. Firefighters opened the kitchen ceiling and walls to search for any fire extending within, the fire captain said. Firefighters opened windows to ventilate the house. The damage was mostly a result of the smoke, she said. The fire captain said the house remains habitable. No injuries were reported. Swampscott fire provided station back-up for Marblehead.