The YMCA has deep roots in the community going back all the way to 1859. After several moves, it finally came to rest at its current location and was renamed the Carolyn and Peter Lynch / Rose-Marie and Eyk van Otterloo YMCA in 2009. This is a very large facility with a large, diverse array of activities for people of all ages.
Some of the facility features include an eight lane 25-yard swimming pool, warm water pool with slide, outdoor pool with water foutains, a state-of-the-art fitness center with cardio and strength training equipment, free group exercise classes, free baby-sitting for family memberships, four squash courts, a rock climbing tower, gymnastics center, youth/teen center, early learning center, after-school program, cafe featuring "Foodies Feast", state-of-the-art gymnasium and massage studios.
This facility also has four ballet studios for the Boston Ballet Center for Dance Education and a location of the Shaughnessy-Kaplan Rehabilitation Center.
- Fax: 781-639-0190
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 5am - 10pm; Sat, 6am - 7pm; Sun, 7am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Street level entry, bathrooms and some handicapped-friendly workout equipment
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Parking: Free lot
- Ages: All Ages
- Insured: Yes
- Licensed: Yes
- Membership info: http://www.northshoreymca.org/pages/38_join_the_y.cfm
- Private events: Yes
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (elliptical), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill), Food/drink, Strength (free weights), Strength (machines), Swimming pool
- Services: Classes, Massage
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No smoking