Trattoria Sablone (Closed)
Trattoria Sablone continues a Maffeo family legacy started back in 1947 when current owner Sergio Maffeo's parents first opened their restaurant. Still an all-family business, Sergio has been wearing the apron since 1975, and he travels to Italy, once each year, in order to learn new recipes and develop new ideas. While Sergio insists that everything at Trattoria Sablone is "Authentic Italian," and "to die for," it has become something of a legend for its veal and cannolis.
The restaurants patrons are treated to live piano music on Wednesday nights. On both Wednesdays and Saturdays, Sergio and his daughter perform a heart-rending duet originally sung by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion. And, once per month, except during winter, the restaurant puts on a "family party" for up to 50 people. It consists of a five-course meal with a different wine pairing for each course, and is by reservation only.
The restaurant was awarded a 2009 Reader's Choice award for "#1 Italian Restaurant on the North Shore."
- Hours: Tue - Thu, 5pm - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 5pm - 10pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at level with the sidewalk, and the bathroom is handicap equipped.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Italian cuisine.
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.sablonesrestaurant.com/menu.shtml
- Specialties: Veal dishes, cannolis.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: All around wonderful people and loyal customers. I wish I had moved to Marblehead a long time ago.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Signature dishes: Veal dishes.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Executive chef: Sergio Maffeo
- Number of tables: 15
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Live Entertainment
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Elegant, Fine dining, Romantic
- Dress code: Casual but nice