Town of Marblehead - Town Clerk
The Marblehead Town Clerk, elected every three years, has a wide range of duties and responsibilities in local government.
The town clerk:
- Is required to conduct a communitywide census annually. Failure to respond to this mailing may result in removal from the active voting lists.
- Prepares for town elections.
- Transmits election results and a complete list of town officers to the Secretary of State within 24 hours of each election.
- Serves as a member of the Board of Registrars, which registers all voters.
- During town meetings, the town clerk assists the moderator, prepares the voting lists, keeps the record of attendance and counts and records votes on all matters presented at the town meeting.
- Issues dog licenses, permits, business certificates, marriage licenses, birth certificates and death certificates.
- Posts notices of all open meetings and administers the oath of office to elected officers and appointed committee members.
- Maintains the town's vital records.
- Is a designated passport application acceptance facility, operating Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 8am - 3pm and Wednesday, 7:30am - 3pm.
- Fax: 781-631-0561
- Hours: Mon, Tue, 8am - 5pm; Wed, 7:30am - 7:30pm; Fri, 8am - 1pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Wi-Fi: None