The Spirit of '76 Bookstore & Card Shop
The Spirit of '76 Bookstore and Card Shop is a 45-year fixture in the community of Marblehead. The selection of cards and books spans three large rooms, but what makes this bookstore infamous in the area are the specialty sections: 'Local author,' 'Local Marblehead,' 'Nautical' and 'Staff Picks' are just a few to name that make this a more personal place to shop for books.
- Fax: 781-639-8212
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 8pm; Sat, 8am - 6pm; Sun, 11am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Books galore; greeting cards; gift wrap, ribbon and bows; unique gifts; calendars; large children's room; Marblehead souvenirs.
- Services: Classes, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping
- Return policy: Exchanges may be made within 30 days for store credit only. No returns.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: Marblehead and Swampscott are forward-thinking, community-minded towns that recognize the importance of supporting independent, locally-owned businesses such as our own.
- Which book or magazine would you recommend to customers?: Check The Spirit of '76 Bookstore website for an ever-changing list of 'Staff Picks'. We are always happy to recommend your next favorite book!
- Book store specialties: Audio books, Children's books
- New/used: New
- Number of newspaper titles: 0
- Number of magazine titles: 1
- Wi-Fi: None
- What's your most popular item?: Our bestselling books are paperback Fiction and Mystery, mostly to members of local book groups. We also have strong History and Nautical sections, a vast Children's Room and a surprisingly large number of local authors.