Just beyond an unassuming, little green gate, lies a treasure trove of chocolatey goodness known as Stowaway Sweets. Established in 1929, the store boasts a fan base including the likes of Franklin Roosevelt, Calvin Coolidge, the Queen of England and Katherine Hepburn.
Owner, Alicia Canniffe, still incorporates early-period antique equipment with which her chocolatiers temper the chocolate, and employees build exquisite custom baskets for all holidays and occasions—Easter, weddings and party favors, to name a few.
Part of the magic of this store is in seeing just how many different types of fudge and chocolate can be packed into such a small, quaint space.
- Fax: 781-639-1303
- Hours: Mon-Sat 9:30 am-5:30 pm, Sun 12 pm-5 pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Decorative napkins, tissues and greeting cards for all occasions, Hestia ornaments
- Food & dining options: Sugar-free
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Phone orders
- Specialties: Wedding and party favors, Chocolate Meltaways
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free