North Shore Civic Ballet Co.
The North Shore Civic Ballet is a not-for-profit dance company that has been providing performances and arts education to the Greater Boston community since 1974. Paula K. Shiff, the company's artistic director, and Florence C. Whipple, its associate director, seek to bring together an ever-changing group of seasoned professional artists with aspiring young dancers. NSCB's level of choreography and technique is far above what one would expect from a small company, and students are taught to enjoy and appreciate the process of learning how to dance. The company, based at the Marblehead School of Ballet, gives concert performances and a variety of educational programs for schools suitable for different age groups and levels of development.
- Hours: Events schedule on NSCB's website: www.havetodance.com/marblehead
- Handicap Accessible: No
- What makes this community special?: A beach community that has an appreciation for the arts
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Dance styles: Ballet, Ballroom, Latin, Modern, Swing
- What is the most popular style of dance with your students?: Ballet