Every night at 5pm, the Jack-Tar American Tavern opens its doors and begins serving honest food and drink in a classic American tavern setting. Owners, Scott Brankman and Emily Farnsworth-Brankman, can usually be found on the premises, warmly greeting customers and preparing the evening's dishes.
The restaurant's menu is packed with a wide array of mouth-watering choices, each a small adventure in itself. From tasty tapas and super salads, to hearty tavern fare and exotic brick oven pizzas, it becomes increasingly clear that some very serious thought went into the selections.
For those on a budget, this restaurant offers $5 pizzas every day from 5pm to 7pm. On Sundays, kids eat free with the purchase of one adult meal per child (dine-in only).
- Hours: Sun - Wed, 5pm - 9pm; Thu - Sat, 5pm - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: The restaurant has a ramp and a dedicated entrance.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Souvenirs include hats, caps, mugs
- Food & dining options: Natural, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: jacktarmarblehead.com/Menu.html
- Specialties: Brick oven pizzas
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: Burgers, Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches, Seafood
- Signature dishes: Brick oven pizza, Crispy Cod Taco, Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Scott Brankman
- Number of tables: 16
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Fun, Romantic
- Dress code: Casual