First Church of Christ (Old North Church)
Drag box to select area
First Church of Christ, known as Old North Church, opened on Washington Street in 1825, while the Parish hall was built in 1951 and remodeled in 2000. The congregation dates itself back to 1635 and three years later, a barn-like meeting house was constructed upon a rocky hill overlooking the ocean. Services were held every Sabbath and following the custom of their forefathers, the fishermen buried their dead by the meeting house. Today this part of Marblehead is known as Old Burial Hill. Old North celebrates its Easter Sunrise Service here.
35 Washington St, Marblehead, MA 01945
- Hours: Worship Services: spoken service at 8am (in the summer this service is held at Chandler Hovey lighthouse on Marblehead Neck); family service with music at 10am