Evan's New York Style Deli
"You can fool the eye, but you can't fool the belly, and it's all about the belly at Evan's Deli!" Owner, Evan Madoff, grew up, played football and completed his graduation in Marblehead." He then moved to New York, the birthplace of the deli, for 17 years, where he earned his "Ph.D." in "Deli-ology" while working at Michael's Deli on Broadway.
The stores NY-style deli sandwiches are, literally, twice the size ordinary sandwiches, yet half the price of what they would cost in New York. Evan also explains that he spends a little extra to get his meats from New York because, for some reason, he can't seem to get the same quality of flavor anywhere else. Along with pastrami, corned beef and brisket, the store has an excellent, diverse selection of other deli fare, including, but in no way limited to, several kinds of knishes, egg salads, whitefish salads, fresh bagels, lox, cream cheeses, pickles and more.
The store has appeared on Phantom Gourmet more than once and was awarded the distinction of having the best sandwiches on the North Shore.
- Fax: 781-631-2708
- Hours: Mon, 10am - 7pm; Tue - Fri, 8am - 7pm; Sat, 7:30am - 6pm; Sun, 7:30am - 1pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at level with the sidewalk and there are handicap accessible restrooms.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Prepared foods, lasagna, chicken soup, deli meats, smoked fish
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Specialties: Steamed pastrami and corned beef
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes