Owner and chef Donna Oliviera brings a slice of Italy to downtown Marblehead. In addition to Il Mercato, an "Everything Italian" market featuring fine Italian breads, cheeses, olives, oils, desserts, sodas and more, the restaurant offers a "Chef's Table," where a party of 6-14 people can point to a map of Italy and have their meal prepared in the style of that region.
Italian tapas are served along with other traditional Italian specialties. The front windows open to create a sidewalk bistro style feel on warm nights. Prepared meals like lasagna, manicotti, stuffed shells and meatballs are also available for purchase.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 4pm - 10pm; Fri, Sat, 4pm - 10:30pm; Sun, 5pm - 10pm. Market hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: "Everything Italian" market w/fresh breads, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cookies, fresh-frozen pastas, sauces
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: caffeitaliarestaurant.com/index.php?link=menu_marble
- Specialties: Everything Italian!
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: Quaint location, friendly townfolk, very family-oriented and attractive beaches make Marblehead like a little slice of heaven.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Signature dishes: Melanzana Donna, Pasta Bolognese, Creme Brulee and Cannolis
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Melanzana Donna
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Donna Oliviera, Junior DaSilva, Federico Hernandez
- Number of tables: 22
- Features: Banquets, Catering, Dinner, Fireplace, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Kids' Menu, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fine dining, Fun, Romantic
- Dress code: Casual-dressy