The games count starting tonight when Marblehead football squares up against Danvers at 7 p.m. at Danvers High.
Early season games are critical in deciding which Div. 3 teams will qualify for the playoffs.
Playoff qualifying teams will begin play at the beginning of November, with the victors advancing until a Super Bowl champ is crowned after Thanksgiving.
Teams that don’t make the playoffs will play other non-playoff teams in the weeks leading up to the annual Thanksgiving game.
Marblehead will play arch-rival Swampscott twice.
They play away Sept. 28, then, two months later, on the Magician's turf in the annual Thanksgiving clash.Here’s more information about the new playoff format.
Here's the Magicians' Football website
2013-14 Football Schedule
- Friday, 6-Sept. Away vs Danvers at 7 PM Danvers HS
- Thursday, 12-Sept. Home vs. Lynn Classical at 7 PM Piper Field
- Friday, 20-Sept. Home vs. Salem 7 PM at Piper Field
- Saturday, 28-Sept. Away vs. Swampscott 1 PM at Blocksidge Field
- Friday, 4-Oct. Home vs. Gloucester at 7 PM at Piper Field
- Saturday, 12-Oct. Away Beverly at 2 PM at Hurd Stadium
- Friday, 25-Oct. Home vs. Lynn English at 7 PM at Piper Field
- Fri/Sat 11/1&2 TBA
- Fri/Sat 11/8&9 TBA
- Fri/Sat 11/15&16 TBA
- Thursday 28-Nov Home vs. Swampscott 10 AM Piper Field