The new Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association football playoff schedule brings major change to the Magicians' football slate of games.
Marblehead battles in the season opener and will play arch-rival Swampscott at least twice.
They play at Swampscott Sept. 28, then, two months later, on the Magician's turf in the annual Thanksgiving clash.
Rather than the usual Super Bowl structure that featured teams playing in playoff games after Thanksgiving, the playoffs will start at the beginning of November.
Teams that don’t make the playoffs will play other non-playoff teams in the weeks leading up to the annual Thanksgiving game. The six state championship games will take place after Thanksgiving.
Below is the schedule for the upcoming varsity football season.Here’s more information about the new playoff format.
Here's the Magicians' Football website
2013-14 Football Schedule
- Friday, 6-Sept. Away vs Danvers at 7 PM Danvers HS
- Thursday, 12-Sept. Home vs. Lynn Classical at 7 PM Piper Field
- Friday, 20-Sept. Home vs. Salem 7 PM at Piper Field
- Saturday, 28-Sept. Away vs. Swampscott 1 PM at Blocksidge Field
- Friday, 4-Oct. Home vs. Gloucester at 7 PM at Piper Field
- Saturday, 12-Oct. Away Beverly at 2 PM at Hurd Stadium
- Friday, 25-Oct. Home vs. Lynn English at 7 PM at Piper Field
- Fri/Sat 11/1&2 TBA
- Fri/Sat 11/8&9 TBA
- Fri/Sat 11/15&16 TBA
- Thursday 28-Nov Home vs. Swampscott 10 AM Piper Field