The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Oct. 9:
- At 8:52 a.m., police responded to a 911 hang-up on Pleasant Street.
- At 9:04 a.m., police assisted with a resident who fell on Carol Road.
- At 9:54 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Spring Street.
- At 12:36 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Darling Street.
- At 1:43 p.m., police responded to a report of a truck "jack-knifed in the roadway" near the intersection of Tedesco and Tufts streets.
- At 1:55 p.m., a Wares Lane resident called police to report that construction crew members on Orchard Circle were "fighting and chasing each other around with sticks."
- At 5:17 p.m., police and fire units responded to a report of a fire in the basement on Bartlett Street. Firefighters turned off gas at the residence and determined there was "no fire just the furnace."
- At 5:19 p.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Pleasant and Devereux streets involving a 2008 Acura MDX and a 2006 Volvo XC70.
- At 7:31 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Washington Street.
- At 8:25 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- At 11:14 p.m., police responded to a 911-hang up on Circle Street.
Wednesday, Oct. 10:
- At 12:20 a.m., a Chestnut Street resident called police to report three males heading toward the Marblehead Light Department who had just knocked over a barrel and were dumping things out. Officers later found a smashed plant on Gregory Street; a bunch of smashed pumpkins on Central and School streets; the Shubie's recycling bin emptied into the street; and vandalized Halloween decorations and emptied out bags of leaves on Cliff Street. The group reportedly admitted to the vandalism and an officer followed them while they cleaned everything up.
- At 1:36 a.m., police responded to a domestic disturbance on Washington Street.
- At 2:08 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Village Street.
- At 4:05 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Pleasant Street.
If you have questions about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.