Saturday, Aug. 17
- At 12:21 p.m., police received a call from a boater who had run out of gas by Halfway Rock. Dispatch called the Coast Guard, and they said they would be in touch with the boater.
- At 1:10 p.m., police received a call from a mom who said her son had told her he had turned over a rock at Preston Beach and a substance like crude oil came out. The same thing happened when the son turned over another rock, the mother said. Police checked out the situation and said the substance appeared to be mud, not crude oil.
- At 2:19 p.m., a walk-in to the police station reported finding two bullets in a condo unit. The bullets were turned over to police.
- At 7:42 p.m., an incident took place where a special needs male was "pantsed" by some of his friends and they posted it on Facebook. The mother of the victim said no nudity was involved. She wanted the post taken down but didn't want the kids responsible to get into trouble.
Sunday, Aug. 18
- At 3:59 a.m., police received a call about unattended children at a Barnard Hawkes Court address. Police spoke with the mother of the children. The children were brought to the police station. DCF said they would send two representatives. DCF representatives spoke with their office about the disposition of the children. The end of the log item stated police transported three females to the Barnard Hawkes Court residence.
- At 4:20 p.m., police and fire units responded to a motor vehicle crash on Lafayette Street. EMS was cancelled. One vehicle was towed.
- At 7:09 p.m., police took a man on Front Street into protective custody.
- At 8:47 p.m., an Elm Street wife told police that she and her husband have been arguing and she wanted him to leave and he refused to leave.