The following is an excerpt from the 's log:
Tuesday, Aug. 28:
- At 8:19 a.m., a resident reportedly found a bank envelope with cash inside of it near the S curve on Ocean Avenue.
- At 12:49 p.m., police responded to a reported larceny on Allerton Place.
- At 2:20 p.m., an Ocean Avenue man called police to report that jewelry was stolen from his residence. The man told police "he may know who it was."
- At 2:43 p.m., police received word that dog leash and collar were found.
- At 4:29 p.m., a pharmacist on Atlantic Avenue called police to report that someone had called in a fake prescription.
- At 6:20 p.m., a woman on Waldron Court called police to report that her boyfriend was "tearing apart the house."
- At 7:22 p.m., a man near the intersection of Front and Franklin streets called police to report that an elderly woman looked "lost and disheveled by the water and he was concerned about her well-being."
- At 7:53 p.m., a Dartmouth Road man called police to report that his house sitter found a large knife that doesn't belong to him sitting on a bed when she went inside. Police reportedly found signs of forced entry on the home's back door and a basement window. The knife was reportedly taken by police to be processed.
- At 8:03 p.m., police reportedly recovered three guns and a license to carry on Trager Road on behalf of the Swampscott Police Department.
- At 10:04 p.m., police responded to a complaint at .
- At 10:45 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Tedesco Street.
- At 10:48 p.m., police responded to a report of a fight in the parking lot of .
Wednesday, Aug. 29:
- At 12:34 a.m., police conducted a property check on Lighthouse Lane.
- At 2:31 a.m., police responded to a report of cars parked in a parking lot on Ocean Avenue.
- At 6:44 a.m., an Atlantic Avenue resident called police to report that five solar-powered accent lights had been taken overnight.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.