The following is an excerpt from the 's log:
Thursday, Feb. 9:
- At 8:09 a.m., a Blueberry Road resident called police to report that he had become the victim of a chimney scam. The man said a chimney service company came to his house and made a high-pressure sale pitch, telling him they had to do a "rush job," which included chimney lining and masonry work. After providing them with a deposit check, the man said he looked online and found that the company scored an "F" and was "somewhat transient."
- At 9:37 a.m., the police received word from the that someone had dropped off ammunition and parts for destruction. A local officer responded to the scene to claim the items.
- At 9:56 a.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Dartmouth Road and Lafayette Street.
- At 11:09 a.m., a woman on Pleasant Street called police to report that her car had been struck while parked and she could no longer get into the vehicle.
- At 11:09 a.m., police responded to a report of a student with a four-inch knife at . The student was secured in a room with two staff members and a report was filed by someone who said they "felt threatened by the student in an earlier situation."
- At 1:06 p.m., Stephen Gardner Scott, 65, of 32 Sagamore Road, Marblehead, was arrested on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order.
- At 2:40 p.m., firefighters responded to Humphrey Street for a report of a smoking vent on the side of a building. They later determined the smoke was caused by "bad pellets" in a pellet stove.
- At 4:14 p.m., police received word that a "youth on a go-kart" was riding around on Cowell and Russell streets.
- At 7:18 p.m., a Ruby Avenue woman called police to report that her tire was slashed overnight.
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.