The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Saturday, Jan. 26
- At 10:14 a.m., a person walked into the station and reported that she had lost her iPhone — in a purple cover — outside the House of Pizza. When she calls her phone, it is off.
- At 12:06 p.m., police arrested David G. Wise, 23, of 9 Willard Lane, Marblehead, on a Marblehead warrant.
- At 1:45 p.m., a Powder House Court person received a call from a man with a foreign accent who was trying to reach his "dear friend." A Google search of the number from which the call came showed that others had noted it was used by scammers saying people had won millions of dollars. The Powder House person hung up.
- At 2 p.m., a found iPhone was turned in to the police station.
- At 10:37 p.m., a Broughton Road mother reported that her son had not come home and she does not know where he is. The mother reported later that her son returned home "high as a kite."
Sunday, Jan. 27:
- At 2:56 a.m., police received a call from a Sewall Street mother reporting a domestic dispute between her daughter and her husband.
- At 1:17 p.m., police received a call from a man in California who said a home health aide who was working for his father fraudently opened up accounts.
- At 5:28 p.m., police received calls stating that a man and woman were fighting outside the liquor store on Humphrey Street. One caller said the woman was punching the man and dragging him along the ground. A man was taken into protective custody.
- At 8:52 p.m., a caller said her roommate's lady friend had pushed her and yelled at her. The caller left the house on Washington Street but would like an escort back there from police so she can pick up her belongings.
Monday Jan. 28
- At 3:23 p.m., a Canterbury Road resident reported receiving a call from a woman with a heavy foreign accent. The resident said the caller had her name, address, bank and check routing number.
- At 7:30 p.m., police received a call that a man on Elm Street and Evans Road was walking a dog and screaming. The man denied making any statements. The man was reportedly in for the night.