The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Oct. 30:
- At 8:21 a.m., police responded to a reported road rage incident on Bessom Street.
- At 8:48 a.m., police received word that a manhole cover was off at the intersection of Maple and Humphrey streets.
- At 9:03 a.m., the Vice Principal at Marblehead High School called police to request and officer because a student wouldn't leave the school psychologist's office. The student was later picked up by their parent.
- At 9:15 a.m., a motorist was ticketed for running a stop sign at the intersection of Elm and Watson streets.
- At 9:23 a.m., a motorist was ticketed for failing to stop at the intersection of Elm and Curtis streets.
- At 9:45 a.m., police responded to a low wire at the intersection of Elm and Harris streets.
- At 9:57 a.m., a resident called police to report that cars and buses were "going 60 mph" outbound toward Glover School.
- At 11:39 a.m., police responded to a report of a limb on a fire alarm wire on Powder House Court.
- At 12:02 p.m., police responded to a downed wire on Pleasant Street.
- At 1:01 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Roundhouse Road.
- At 1:18 p.m., a resident on Indianhead Circle called police to report that a man called her "to tell her that her parents had been in an accident" and when she told him that her father had passed, he then told her he was going to kill her mother. The woman provided police with the number that called her.
- At 2:32 p.m., police responded to a reported break-in at the Atlantic Veterinary Hospital on Ocean Avenue. A woman there reportedly told police that she found the tip of a screwdriver in one of the business' doors and would review their video surveillance tapes.
- At 2:42 p.m., an employee at Marblehead High School called police to report that she heard something was going to happen on Broughton Road. Officers later located a group of about 60 kids gathered at the end of Broughton Road.
- At 3:49 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Pleasant Street.
- At 3:55 p.m., a resident entered the police station for assistance.
- At 5:16 p.m., police received word that the traffic lights at the intersection of Village Street and West Shore Drive were flashing.
- At 5:42 p.m., a summons was served on Colonial Court.
- At 5:47 p.m., a summons was served on Guernsey Street.
- At 5:52 p.m., a summons was served on Jersey Street.
- At 6:21 p.m., a resident turned over a found cell phone to police.
- At 8:36 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- Between 8:40 and 10:19 p.m., police responded to more than a dozen reports of flash-flooding. Click Here for our story.
Wednesday, Oct. 31:
- At 2:20 a.m., police responded to a report of a man passed out in a car on Humphrey Street. Responding officers determined that the man was doing security for HBO Films at the set of Larry David's movie.
- At 6:48 a.m., police responded to a report of a stuck 18-wheeler at the intersection of Washington and Hawkes streets.
- At 7:14 a.m., police responded to a report of a downed wire on Prospect Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.