The following is an excerpt from the 's log:
Wednesday, Feb. 29:
- At 7:55 a.m., police were notified that a company would be power-washing Central Street to clean up from an oil spill last week.
- At 8:46 a.m., police responded to a tenant dispute on Green Street Court.
- At 11:09 a.m., a local officer conducted a field interview with a man who appeared to be "a little lost" near .
- At 11:30 a.m., a Washington Street merchant called police to report that the same man from the previous entry was going store-to-store passing the message along about "a slaying."
- At 11:49 a.m., police responded to a false burglar alarm on Buchanan Road.
- At 1:20 p.m., a Franklin Street woman called police to report that her neighbor was stalking her. The woman said her neighbor often stares out of his apartment window when she leaves the house.
- At 1:24 p.m., a Pleasant Street woman called police to report "a smell of death" on the second floor landing of her apartment building that she thought was either a "dead dog or a prostitute buried under the house." Local fire and police units checked the building and found the odor was a "moldy-sewage" odor "wafting up the stairwell" from the basement.
- At 11:04 p.m., an Abbot Street man called police to report that the back window to his car had been shattered. The man said it appeared something was thrown at his vehicle.
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.