The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Monday, Dec. 31:
- At 3:29 p.m., a resident entered the police station to request to speak to an officer about "something that happened to her years ago."
- At 4:06 p.m., police responded to a Pleasant Street business after an employee called to report shoplifting. A shoplifter reportedly "fled the store and they followed her to the yellow house on the corner" of Washington and Pleasant streets. Police were unable to locate anyone matching a description provided.
- At 6:55 p.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man walking in the middle of the street near the intersection of Pleasant and Smith streets. The man was reportedly turned over to someone who agreed to take custody of him.
- At 9:17 p.m., police responded to a report of an elderly person who fell on the ice near the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Vassar Road. The injured party was later transported to Salem Hospital.
- At 9:34 p.m., police responded to a report of what sounded like either gunshots or fireworks in the area of Village Street.
- At 10:23 p.m., police responded to a report of a 100-year-old West Street woman with pneumonia. The woman was reportedly taken to Salem Hospital.
- At 10:40 p.m., a resident called police to report a suspicious man in the area of McKinley Road. Responding officers determined the man was just waiting for a ride from a friend.
Tuesday, Jan. 1:
- At 12:34 a.m., police received word that the planters normally in front of Mud Puddle Toys on Pleasant Street had been moved into the middle of the street. One of the planters was reportedly smashed.
- At 1:36 a.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man on Pleasant Street. A resident was dropped off into the care of his father on Pilgrim Road.
- At 7:58 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Ocean Avenue.
- At 8:43 a.m., police received a report of an attempted car break-in on Tedesco Street.
- At 9:05 a.m., police assisted an 88-year-old Pond Street woman who fell and injured her leg. The woman was later taken to Salem Hospital.
- At 11:13 a.m., a resident entered the police station to discuss a "possible violation of an easement and what he can do about it."
- At 11:52 a.m., a woman at the intersection of Orne Street and Doaks Lane called police to report that contractors working in the area were "ruining this good day for her."
- At 11:56 a.m., police assisted an 88-year-old woman on Skinner's Path who was vomiting. The woman was later transported to Salem Hospital.
- At 1:58 p.m., a resident called police to report that his son lost his iPhone5 Monday night somewhere between Peach Highlands and the 7-Eleven on Pleasant Street.
Wednesday, Dec. 2:
- At 2:14 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Seaview Avenue.
- At 3:49 a.m., police assisted a Constitution Way resident who fell.
- At 7:28 a.m., police and fire units responded to Norman Street for a report of a carbon monoxide detector sounding.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.