The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Oct. 3:
- At 8:14 a.m., police responded to a report of a 11-year-old boy running from Village School toward Pleasant Street.
- At 9:21 a.m., a resident on Humphrey Street called police to complain about a trash barrel that had been left out in the street.
- At 9:22 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on School Street.
- At 9:25 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- At 10:14 a.m., police received word that a parent reportedly dropped off a book for her child at the hospital and "when they opened up the back of the book there was a razor blade with a black substance on it."
- At 1:58 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Elm Street.
- At 2:48 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Farrell Court. A woman there was later transported to Salem Hospital by ambulance.
- At 4:35 p.m., a resident called police to report finding several bikes at the rear of the former Tree Department Garage on Vine Street. The caller told police they believe they knew who stashed the bikes there.
- At 4:13 p.m., summonses were served on Leggs Hill Road and Barnard Hawkes Court.
- At 4:33 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious man near the intersection of Harbor Avenue and Foster Street.
- At 4:49 p.m., police responded to a report of a group of kids drinking under the bridge on Village Street. Olivia Hitchens, 19, of 653 Chestnut St., Waban, Mass., was arrested on a charge of being a minor in possession of alcohol; Neil Rae, 18, of 357 Commercial St., Boston, was arrested on a charge of being a minor in possession of alcohol; and Brendon Lilly, 20, of 14 Ledgewood Circle, Topsfield, was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol.
- At 5:01 p.m., a woman on Maverick Street called police to report that her husband was drunk and driving from Salem to Marblehead. Matthew E. Denis, of 10 Maverick Ct., Marbehead, was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, second offense.
- At 5:27 p.m., a Front Street resident called police to complain about a large SUV that was parked in front of their house.
Thursday, Oct. 4:
- At 7:27 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Village Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.