The following is an excerpt from the log:
Thursday, Aug. 18:
- At 7:56 a.m., a Pig Rock Lane resident called police to report a man in a white van was going around picking through everyone's trash.
- At 9:56 a.m., police received a note from a citizen regarding the smashing of the birdbath at the . "This pathetic pile of cement rubble was once a very nice birdbath...Some creative genius types (or type) thought it would look better if they smashed it into the small bits that you see here," the note read.
- At 10:53 a.m., a Calthrope Road resident called police to report a white and green bike had gone missing. The bike reportedly has a wicker basket on the front.
- At 11:09 a.m., a Bradford Court resident called police to report that his car had been entered overnight.
- At 11:35 a.m., a Wyman Road resident called police to report that his rear tail light had been smashed overnight, possibly with a piece of PVC pipe.
- At 1:26 p.m., a Farrell Court resident called police to report that a green and gray bike had been stolen.
- At 4:26 p.m., a young boy entered the with a watch he discovered at Goldthwait Beach.
- At 9:30 p.m., an employee at a local yacht club called police to report that someone had hit a car in the parking lot and left the scene.
- At 10:26 p.m., local police and fire units responded to a report of an overdue boat that was possibly capsized in the area of Marblehead Harbor. Three boaters, uninjured in the incident, told police they spent three hours atop a capsized 23' blue Whaler before making it to shore.
For questions about the blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org