As local residents gear up for Christmas, here are our picks for five things we think Marblehead would hope to find under its tree this year:
1. The Warwick Site completed - The construction of a new 38,000-square-foot building at the former site of the is picking up steam. Although a new theater is not yet part of the final plan, has been campaigning for its inclusion in the new building.
2. Another year of MHS State Championships - In 2011, local residents celebrated as the local 's hockey, swimming, skiing and sailing teams took home titles. Another banner year would make for a great Christmas present.
3. The Return of Food and Ice Cream - After forced the owners of and to close their doors, local residents have been eagerly awaiting their grand re-openings.
4. A Cleanup on Stonybrook Road - According to the latest updates from the town's Board of Health, the cleanup effort on Stonybrook Road is well underway and demolition of one of the homes will begin in February.
5. A New Pier at Stramski's Beach - The , some seven years in the making, is expected to be completed this winter. Look for sometime in the next few weeks.
Think of something you would like to see under Marblehead's tree? Add it to the comment section below.