Today is Monday, Sept. 10, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be a beautiful late-summer day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 49. (sunrise,
2. Do you remember your first 30 days in Marblehead? to read a great blog post sent in by Marblehead newcomer Stoddard Vandersteel, who recently relocated to Marblehead from San Francisco.
3. The Harbors & Waters Board will meet tonight at the Harbormaster's office on Ferry Lane. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature an update regarding a construction project at , according to the posted agenda.
4. 's varsity field hockey team will take on Everett this afternoon at . The game is scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Sept. 10, 1972, The United States suffered its first loss of an international basketball game in a disputed match against the Soviet Union in Munich, Germany.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.