Today is Thursday, May 24, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful spring day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 65. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. (sunrise, 5:13 a.m.; low tide, 8:12 a.m.; high tide, 2:29 p.m.; sunset, 8:07 p.m.)
2. The filming of local scenes for the star-packed Adam Sandler movie will begin on Vassar Road today. Members of the cast and crew are expected to arrive at sometime this morning and filming will restrict parking on Atlantic Avenue today. for all the details.
3. Ron Cooper, the Marblehead resident who attempted to set two World Records at the in February, has been officially awarded the world record for most pull-ups in a minute. for the full story.
4. 's girls' varsity tennis team will take on Manchester-Essex at the high school this afternoon. The matches are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On May 24, 1883, The Brooklyn Bridge in New York City was opened to traffic after 14 years of construction.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.