Today is Thursday, Aug. 30, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another hot day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 80. Tonight should be clear, with a low around 64. (sunrise, 6:06 a.m.; high tide, 10:53 a.m.; low tide, 4:49 p.m.; sunset, 7:20 p.m.)
2. The local family that had several holiday care packages never suspected that their next-door neighbors on Colonial Court . Now, nine months later, they're still waiting to get their presents back from investigators. for our full story.
3. Are you always looking to try out a fun new North Shore restaurant? Every month we offer a look at food news recently published on regional Patch sites - Click Here to check out this month's installment, which features news from , , and more!
4. The Municipal Light Board will meet this afternoon at their headquarters on Commercial Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., is expected to feature an engineer search update, according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Aug. 30, 1945, the Allied Control Council, which was charged with governing Germany after World War II, was officially formed.
For more things going on in Marblehead, check out our events calendar.