Today is Monday, Aug. 20, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant summer day in Marblehead.The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. (sunrise, 5:56 a.m.; low tide, 7:34 a.m.; high tide, 1:48 p.m.; sunset, 7:36 p.m.)
2. Local gold medal winner Kayla Harrison is going to be honored at tonight's New England Patriots preseason game, according to this story on ESPN Boston. Harrison had a welcome-home party in Boston Sunday.
3. Did you miss a log post last week? Click Here to read through a round-up of last week's more notable entries and be sure to check back in later this morning, when Marblehead Patch will post the log from over the weekend.
4. Have you submitted a photograph of your four-legged friend to Marblehead Patch's "How Good Looking is Your Pet" contest? We've received nearly 250 pictures so far! Click Here to join in on the action.
5. Today in History: On Aug. 20, 1866, President Andrew Johnson formally declared the Civil War over.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.