Today is Thursday, Aug. 17, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful summer day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. (sunrise, 5:52 a.m.; high tide, 11:44 a.m.; low tide, 5:41 p.m.; sunset, 7:41 p.m.)
2. A Puritan Road man was ordered held on $20,000 cash bail Thursday after police reportedly found 13 guns, three packages of marijuana and child pornography in his home on Puritan Road. Click Here for the full story.
3. Is your pet cute enough to win our ? We've already received some from area Patch readers. to submit a photo of your own.
4. The Fort Sewall Oversight Committee will meet this morning in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of . The meeting, scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding a school and video project at by students, according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Aug. 17, 1959, "Quake Lake" was formed by a magnitude 7.5 Yellowstone earthquake near Hebgen Lake in Montana.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.