Today is Wednesday, April 25, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another nice spring day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 52. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 42. (sunrise, 5:46 a.m.; low tide, 8:36 a.m.; high tide, 2:53 p.m.; sunset, 7:37 p.m.)
2. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of . The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature an update regarding an ongoing at .
3. For the second time in as many months, a Marblehead Patch police log entry was read aloud on The Ellen Degeneres Show. to view the video and read the full story.
4. 's boys' varsity tennis team will this afternoon at the high school. The matches are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on.
5. Today in History: On April 25, 1901, New York became the first US state to require automobile license plates.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.