Romance is in the Hall – A Special Valentine’s Day Concert
Symphony by the Sea will present a special Valentine's Day concert. This is not your typical classical music performance. It starts with a pre-concert reception at 6:30pm at Abbot Hall, where served sparkling wine and chocolates will set the stage for Maestro Don Palma to conduct the Symphony by the Sea Orchestra. He promises sweethearts will enjoy "something different", and he is not ruling out a grand waltz for dancers of all ages to whirl around the hall - or sway in your seats.
Adding to the romance, the Endicott Singers from Endicott College will serenade us with a cappella selections.
So bring your best friend and your love of music, and celebrate something that cannot be put into a candy box or flower vase. Engagements, anniversaries and declarations of love and friendship – all are welcome.
Celebrate Valentine's Day with:
- RESPIGHI: Ancient Airs and Dances, Suite No. 3
- BIZET: Adagietto from L'Arlesienne
- DEBUSSY: Danses sacree at profane
- GERSHWIN: Five Songs
- MAHLER: Adagietto from Symphony No.5
- VILLA LOBOS: Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5
- BRAHMS: Selections from Liebeslieder Waltzes, Op. 52
- TCHAIKOVSKY: Serenade for Strings in C major, Finale
Tickets are $35 per person (students K-12, $5) and may be purchased at the Arnould Gallery in Marblehead, at the box office on concert night, and at
Also check our website for locations for free parking.