Every Tuesday, Marblehead Patch digs through the Marblehead Messenger microfilm archives at to find out what was happening this week in local history.
- Football Fever: 's unbeaten football team was preparing to take on Scott High School from Toledo, Ohio. The Seaside Park football field was cleared of snow. In order to accomplish this, the paper asked "all of our citizens to take a turn and lend a hand." Check out the photograph attached to this post to see some of the players posing for the local paper.
- $3,500 Approved at Town Meeting: It took 50 voters only 15 minutes to approve $3,500. Before the vote was taken, Selectman J.L. Litchman explained why the Police Department needed $1,250 to pay the increase in salaries voted last summer.
- Sidewalk Made Passable: An amicable agreement has been entered into between the Selectmen and Mr. William Hawkes, owner of the property below Pearl Street, whereby the flight of stone steps which have stood there for years in that part of the street commonly supposed to be sidewalk, wil be removed.
- Get Ready for a Happy Christmas: J.L. Lounge Co. in Salem has gifts for the whole family. For Children: Doll Carriages, Velocipedes, Automobiles, Kiddy Kars, Shoo Flys, Sleds, Desks and Chairs, Kiddy Koops and Cribs. For Adults: Desks, Chairs, Globe-Wernicke Cases, Tables, Pictures, Mirrors, Lamps, Rugs, Draperies, Cedar Chests.
- The War is Over: The War Is Over! That means Better Bread, Crackers of Quality, BUY LINDSEY'S.
- What's Showing at The Warwick: "On The Quiet" starring John Barrymore; "The Girl Who Came Back" starring Ethel Clayton; "The Road to France" starring Carlyle Blackwell; "The Safety Curtain" starring Ethel Clayton; "The Highest Bidder" starring Alice Joyce; "Out of a Clear Day" starring Marguerite Clark.
Do you recognize any of these names or events? Let us know in the comments section below.