Marblehead is a town well-known for its pet owners and with Christmas is less than two weeks away - we're here on behalf of your animal companions to remind you to think of them when you put together your holiday shopping list.
Here are five local pet gift ideas that we found after stopping in , and .
1. Something to Chew On: Whether its pig ears, antlers or a bone that looks like it came from the early Jurassic - local pet stores have a wide variety of items for your dogs to chew on. There's also a lot of options when it comes to picking out treats for cats, which include salmon bites, chicken tenders and Mahi Mahi.
2. Somewhere to Relax: Pet beds come in all shapes, sizes and colors and let's face it - the one your pet lies on now is probably ready for a replacement. So consider getting the pet in your life something so comfortable that it won't mind being stuck inside this winter.
3. A New Collar: Check the photos attached to this post to see some of the dog and cat collars available in Marblehead. No one likes to wear the same old thing day in and day out - maybe it's time to treat your pet to a new look.
4. A Winter Coat: Although Marblehead residents have been enjoying this warm start to December, it won't be long before the mercury drops and you and your dog will be braving the elements. A thick sweater or fleece will make a winter walk more enjoyable for your pet.
5. A Good Cleaning: Creature Comforts on Atlantic Avenue has a do-it-yourself dog washing station where you can wash your dog without paying high prices or flooding the bathroom at home. This may be one of those gifts you give to yourself this time of year.
What other ideas do you have for pet gifts? Have you seen something at a local pet store that you think other pet owners may enjoy? Let us know in the comments section below or send them to Marblehead Patch.