1. Weather Watch: A chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet before noon, then a slight chance of rain and sleet between noon and 1 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
low tide, 6:16 a.m.
sunrise, 7:00 a.m.
high tide, 12:29 p.m.
sunset, 4:53 p.m.
2. Learn the Geology of Salem Sound: It's easy to take the natural beauty around us for granted. Learn about the science behind our coastline as geologist Lindley Hanson tells us why the North Shore coast is built on a foundation of volcanic rock — and has affinities for Western Africa. Free. Wednesday, 7 p..m. at the Abbot Library.
3. Magicians in Action: The Marblehead High School girls varsity basketball squad hosts Peabody at 7 p.m..
4. Water & Sewer Board Welcomes New Face: At Tuesday's meeting of the Water & Sewer Commission, among the agenda items is introduction of that department's new assistant superintendent, Bradley Perron. 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, 100 Tower Way, Buildling 11.
5. Who Would You Like to See Play in Marblehead?: The Facebook page for Me & Thee Coffeehouse is blowing up since they asked for "reasonable requests" for artists to schedule for next year.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: