1. Weather Watch: Sunny, with a high near 41. (low tide, 6:31 a.m. sunrise, 7:10 a.m.; high tide, 1:39 p.m.; sunset, 4:35 p.m.)
2. Board of Health: The town's Board of Health meets Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Mary Alley Building. The published agenda is relatively vague, but it is attached as a PDF.
3. Magicians in Action: Today the high school girls basketball squads host Salem. Freshman at 4 p.m., junior varsity at 5:30 p.m. and the varsity at 7 p.m. All games are at Marblehead High School's gym.
4. Newsbit of the Day: The American Liver Foundation still has spots available on their 2013 Run for Research Boston Marathon team. It’s challenging to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and charity spots go quickly. But for anyone looking to participate in this inspiring Boston tradition, consider joining the Run for Research team. This year will mark the 25th year participating as a charity partner of the Boston Marathon. The Run for Research Team is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for the American Liver Foundation.
- Organization: American Liver Foundation
- Causes: Health
- Date(s): April 15th, 2013
- Contact person: Lauren Gainor
- Phone: (617) 527 – 5600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.liverfoundation.org/
5. Today in History: On Jan. 15, 1919, the Great Molasses Flood took place in the North End of Boston. Twenty-two people died when a molasses storage tank burst.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: