1. Weather Watch: Showers, mainly before noon. High near 58. Windy, with a south wind 31 to 36 mph becoming southwest 24 to 29 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent.
sunrise, 6:58 a.m.
low tide, 7:42 a.m.
high tide, 1:53 p.m.
sunset, 4:56 p.m.
2. High Wind Warning, Street Flooding Possible: Today's big story is likely the weather. This morning through 9 a.m. we'll see those high winds, the National Weather Service says. Locally heavy downpours could also cause street flooding.
3. Bring In or Secure Loose Outdoor Items: The Weather Service cautions that this morning's high winds may bring down trees, limbs and power lines. They also say unsecured outdoor objects can get damaged or be launched airborne.
4. Glover School Construction Meeting: Among today's municipal meetings are two related to the work at the Glover. First, abutters who believe blasting at the site has damaged their homes meet with the superintendent at 6 p.m., followed at 7 p.m. by the Glover School Building Committee's meeting. Both take place at the Village School library.
5. Another Polar Plunge is Sunday: Hundreds of area residents are expected to descend upon Winter Island Park in Salem and Lynch Park in Beverly to take a polar plunge Sunday afternoon to benefit the North Shore Community Development Coalition. The respective plunges are scheduled to take place at 12:30 p.m. Patch will be on hand to capture the whole thing on video.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: