1. Weather Watch: Sunny and a bit warmer, with a high near 38.
- Sunrise: 6:29 a.m.
- High tide: 8:38 a.m.
- Low tide: 2:54 p.m.
- Sunset: 5:24 p.m.
2. Facility Maintenance Advisory Committee: As the town braces for up to $2.1 million in costs to repair the clock tower at Abbot Hall, the subject of ongoing maintenance for town buildings has a new currency. There is an advisory committee on the subject, and it meets Friday morning at 9 a.m. at Abbot Hall.
3. How Much Snow?: Cruising the latest forecasts I see different outlets with different predictions for the snow we're supposed to get Saturday night into Sunday morning. While Pete Bouchard at WHDH seems to still think the Marblehead area could get 6-10 inches, the usually conservative National Weather Service says in a Winter Weather Watch that six inches are possible. But another NWS forecast call for hardly any snow at all — maybe a grand total of an inch. All are agreed it will be heavy, wet snow.
4. Magicians in Action: Marblehead High School boys hockey skates on home ice against Beverly Friday at 7 p.m. at Salem State.
5. New England Boat Show: Whether you already have a boat or are just in the market, this annual event brings hundreds of the newest boats and accessories to the area. It's at the Boston Convention Center through Sunday. $15.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: