1. Weather Watch: Snow likely, mainly after 5 p.m. Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
sunrise, 7:01 a.m.
high tide, 11:50 a.m.
sunset, 4:52 p.m.
low tide, 6:03 p.m.
2. Third Quarter Tax Bills Due Friday: In case you didn't choose to escrow your taxes and have your mortgage company pay them, the town's third quarter property taxes need to be in the Tax Collector's office by Friday.
3. Memorial March for General John Glover: Mark your calendar for Saturday, as the annual parade through town up to Burial Hill in memory of the revolutionary-era General John Glover. Reenactors muster at the Old Town House at 4:45 p.m. Saturday. All are welcome to follow the parade, whether or not you're wearing colonial garb.
4. Annual Backyard Bird Count: Are you a birder? Next weekend you can help take a census of local bird life with the annual Backyard Bird Count. Here's a story we've posted with information on how to participate.
5. Learn About Summer Sailing Programs: On Tuesday evening, the Pleon Yacht Club hosts an information session about youth sailing programs coming up this summer. 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Gerry 5 VFA.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on our community in a blog.