1. Weather Watch: The National Weather Service is calling for a slight chance of showers before noon. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 52. (low tide, 6:31 a.m. sunrise, 7:10 a.m.; high tide, 12:49 p.m.; sunset, 4:34 p.m.; )
2. Finance Committee: The Board of Selectmen's Finance Committee discusses the 2014 budget on Monday at 7 p.m. at the Mary Alley Building.
3. Flu Literacy: Flu has been in the news a lot the past week. The town has posted a flu literacy booklet, which has answers to questions like how to tell a cold from the flu. It's attached as a PDF.
4. Pan-Mass Challenge: Registration is open for “alumni” of the Pan-Mass Challenge for the 2013 edition, the bicycle ride that spans the state each summer. The 34th annual ride will happen Aug. 3 and 4 this year. Registration for “newcomers” opens on Thursday. Last year, 35 riders from Marblehead accounted for $184,700 of the $37 million raised by the event.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 14, 1784 the War of Independence officially ended with the ratification of the Treaty of Paris. The U.S. was recognized as a sovereign nation.