Today is Monday, Jan. 7, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Weather Watch: A slight chance of snow showers before 8 a.m. Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Sunrise: 7:13 a.m.; Low Tide: 12:45 p.m.; Sunset: 4:27 p.m.; High Tide: 6:55 p.m.
2. License Your Dog: All dog licenses in the town expired Dec. 31. You must get your pooch's license renewed by Jan. 31 or face a possible $25 per month fine. Here's info from the town on how to renew.
3. Magicians in Action: We usually highlight only home games, but both Marblehead varsity hoops squads meet rival Swampscott in Big Blue's gym today. Girls take the court at 6 p.m. and the boys at 7:30 p.m.
4. State of the Town Coming Tuesday: Among the public meetings this week is Tuesday's Board of Selectmen meeting, at which Town Administrator Jeff Chelgren will deliver this year's "State of the Town," address. 5 p.m. Tuesday at Abbot Hall.
5. Today in History: On this day in 1608, the troubled English colony at Jamestown, Virginia burned to the ground. By the way, Marblehead's most devastating fires came close together in the 19th century, in 1877 and 1888.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: