Today is Thursday, Jan. 10, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 44. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a high low 34. (sunrise, 7:12 a.m.; high tide, 9:15 a.m.; low tide, 3:39 p.m.; sunset, 4:30 p.m.)
2. The Conservation Commission will meet tonight at the Mary Alley Municipal Building on Widger Road. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the proposed installation of an osprey nesting pole at the Goldthwait Reservation, according to the posted agenda.
3. The Board of Selectmen unanimously approved a common victualler's license for Haley's Market Cafe at their meeting at Abbot Hall Wednesday night. Click Here for our full story.
4. Marblehead High School's indoor track team will host Saugus this afternoon at the high school. The meet is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., so if you're free, consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Jan. 10, 1920, The Treaty of Versailles took effect, officially ending the first World War.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.